United Methodist Women (UMW) is a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative supportive fellowship and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church - please join us. We have a place for you!
How To Get Connected...
Women's Small Groups / Women's Circles
Circles are small groups within UMW that gather to share fellowship, study, and spiritual growth.
- Love Circle meets on the second Monday of each month, September through May at 6:30 pm
- Sarah Circle meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 12 noon, September through May in a member’s home where dessert and coffee are served. During June, July and August the members meet at a local restaurant for lunch.
- Simplicity Circle meets on the first Tuesday of each month, September through May in the Quest Classroom (#5) at the church at 7pm. Childcare is available. For more information about Simplicity Circle call Carter Tinsley at 214-789-8927.
A little more about us...
AUMC is in the Metro District, which is in the North Texas Conference of UMW. We have members participate in and return to make presentations to our membership on topics learned from Metro and North Texas Conference meetings.
These are the ministries and causes we participate in...
- Texas Impact was established by Texas religious leaders in 1973 to be a voice in the Texas legislative process for shared social concerns.
- Mission U offers mission studies - a geographical, topical and spiritual growth study each summer
- UMW Assembly which is held every four years for a time of study, worship and fellowship with UMW members from all over the United States and the world.
- Prayer Blanket Ministry is a tangible ministry open to our members and their families as a symbol of our faith in God’s power to comfort and strengthen
Other Missions we support...
- Captain Hope’s Kids
- Family Outreach
- Arapaho Day School
- Nickel from Nicole
- Traffic 911
- Genesis Women’s Shelter
- Methodist Children’s Home
- Wesley Rankin
- Imagine No Malaria